Wednesday, December 2, 2015

New transfers, new opportunities (11-30 Email)

Hello!!
I am writing to you from Apple Valley with my new companion, Sister Wood! I've been called to be a Sister Training Leader in the Ridgecrest YSA & Mojave Narrows wards. I'm really looking forward to this new opportunity to grow, yet was super sad to leave the beautiful Wrightwood. BUT I am STL over all the sisters in the high desert (about 9 sets)--meaning I get to go on exchanges in Wrightwood!! ALSO I am living in the same house as my first born, Sister Wagner! :)
 
My new companion, Sister Wood

My daughters! Sister Wagner and Sister Anderson
I'm amazed at the stark contrast between the world's definition of a leader & the Lord's definition. The world sees leaders as those who can exercise control & power over people & gaining praise & honor along the way. Jesus Christ was the greatest leader. But He did not exercise control over those he led. He served them in the very greatest sense. I know that I've been called to be a leader not to gain any praise or honor, but to serve. I'm SO grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord & now my  fellow sister missionaries on an even greater level. I'm really looking forward to learn from each of them & to grow as a missionary.

This last week was great! Ya know, Thanksgiving & everything :)

Yesterday (Sunday) was a bittersweet day for sure. I had the privilege of bearing my testimony in sacrament meeting & singing "Thy Word Is A Lamp Unto My Feet". The response from the members was amazing. I'm forever grateful for my gift of music & how much it can bless the lives of others as I use it for good. Every time someone tells me "you have a gift", "I felt the spirit so strong when you were singing", "that was so moving", etc. I am reaffirmed that THAT is exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to do: bless others' lives through music. 

I love this work, I love this gospel. It is a gospel of HAPPINESS! 
I LOVE LIFE BECAUSE IT'S OFFICIALLY CHRISTMASTIME! Go watch the new Christmas video "A Savior Is Born" on christmas.mormon.org
xoxo
Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment