Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 1 Transfer 3

Hello from sunny, HOT southern California!

So today is the first day of the new transfer, and YES I am still in Chino Hills in the Carbon Canyon ward with Sister K. Things are going a lot better now that Sister K is feeling good. Unfortunately, I'm still sick, but hopefully I'll be getting better soon. Today's email isn't going to be very good, and I apologize up front. Since it's the new transfer, I have my new planner, and I forgot my old one at home so I barely remember anything we did this week!

We were able to do quite a bit of service this week at Let It Be and at the C's thrift store. The cool thing about the thrift store is that they opened it up to raise money to go down to Dominican Republic and Haiti and help out. They've done a couple trips and want to do more. I guess they're not going to Haiti anymore because of the corrupted government, but they've been down there before. 
 
We weren't able to meet with any of our investigators again this week. It's frustrating that they're not progressing. UGGHHH. BUT this week Sister K & I both have the faith that we WILL find a new investigator! This new transfer is a fresh start!

Wednesday we were able to meet with our less active, J. We watched "Come, Join With Us" by Pres. Uchtdorf. She really liked it. I asked her what her goal is and how we can help her reach it. She pretty much just said she needs to get better at everything, so we're going to start with the basics. We're planning on starting the missionary lessons with her, first talking about the restoration. Also, we learned that a less active family we've been trying to work with made the goal with bishop to go to the temple and be sealed this year!
 
Since I thought I might be getting transferred, I was kind of saying bye to people & when we went to members' houses they said that they hope I don't leave & that they'd be sad. hmmmmmm. I didn't think they actually liked me! I thought most of them saw me as a young new missionary. But a couple have even told me how much they've seen me grow. That's always good to hear. I feel like I've grown exponentially! I'm starting to become the missionary I want to be and the missionary Heavenly Father knows I can be. I'm excited for what's to come. 

I don't remember if I told you this in the past letters, but you know how we're doing the Beatitude thing with the ward? Well, Brother H did it for us. He informed me that I am meek. Meek can mean different things; it can mean being humble, lacking arrogance, being submissive to the Lord's will, boldly standing for what is right. I can see a few of these attributes in myself, and definitely ones I can work on. But I just wanted to share with you that. I hope you can see that I am willing to do what the Lord wants me to do. I'm grateful to have this attribute, especially as a missionary because there are so missionaries who are 'on a mission', but not wholeheartedly in their mission, being exactly obedient. It's so sad to see some missionaries not doing what will, in the end, bring them the most JOY and HAPPINESS. I've decided that I don't want to look back on my mission & have any regrets. If you can, get your hand on a talk titled "The Fourth Missionary", it's AMAZING. I just want you to read it and see what I'm talking about! That's my goal. I want to be the fourth missionary.

So, last week I shared a couple cool learning experiences that I had. Well, yesterday I had some more & as usual they came from Brother H. He shared with us that the parable of the good Samaritan is laying out the plan of salvation! Read & study that. It's so cool. Also, in Moses 1:39 it says "For behold, this is my work and my glory to bring to pass the (1.) immortality and (2.) eternal life of man". This scripture is talking about the Atonement. The Atonement satisfies both 1. physical death and 2. spiritual death. therefore, His work and His glory is The Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
Small bridge, but still so profound!

Sorry I don't really have much else to write about. I'm way excited for this week though. It's going to be AWESOME. We are going to find a new investigator!!! But that's about it from here! I hope you're all doing well & know that I pray for you all daily. LOVE YOU!
 
xoxo Sister Viraldo
 We drew the Plan of Salvation at a park!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment