Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Changes are good, right? - Email from 6-15-15

FYI, I am not in the best state of mind currently to be writing this letter, but I'll do my best.

So as you know, a new transfer started today. Saturday we got THE CALL. But it wasn't the call either Sister 'Otuafi nor I were expecting...

We were just sitting on the couch, eating our lunch & enjoying General Conference when the phone rang...Sister Otuafi answered & said "Malo e lelei! Fefe hake, Elder Bennion?" My heart instantly started pounding & my mind was racing. I knew that she was leaving because the APs (assistants to the president) only call to give training/leadership calls. But suddenly Sis. O said "wait, I'll put it on speaker phone." Then Elder Bennion said "Sister Viraldo & Sister 'Otuafi...." Immediately then I thought we were being called as sister training leaders (which if you think about it now, makes no sense). "on behalf of President Hobbs, I am calling because President Hobbs would like to know if both of you would be willing to train next transfer?" We both looked at each other in shock & what felt like 5 minutes we sat in silence not knowing what to say. Eventually I said "uh, yeah..." "Sister 'Otuafi?" "yes..." "I need a more definite yes!" "YES!! ahhhh"
 
There ya go, that is why I am not in the best state of mind. I have so many emotions going on right now I'm not sure what to think. I feel humbled to be called to such a sacred calling & how much trust Heavenly Father must have in me. Yet, I feel so inadequate & new to missionary work to have the responsibility in training someone even newer than me.

Let's see what happened in Phelan this week...
Monday we had the last zone activity of the transfer & played foursquare & savage ball. We had FHE with the Baird's & Mandy watching Meet the Mormons :)

Tuesday we had zone meeting, which was super long, but really great. Most of the trainings were on the Christlike attributes found in Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel. I had the privilege of training on Virtue. After zone meeting we had lunch & tried visiting a few people. We had dinner with Sister Hemsley & her mother at Red Mango, which is a sushi, Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurant in town that we've been dying to try. It was pretty good. Then lesson with the Wellers & Huttons.
Sushi!
Wednesday we had our first lesson with Monica. We started out teaching the Restoration & halfway through the lesson, her dog got bit by a wild dog & she had to take him to the hospital...BUT we were able to get a return appointment for Friday. Before her lesson, though, we noticed that we had a flat tire! But luckily the Huttons live right next door & Bro Hutton fixes cars for a living. So we drove over there & he changed our tire for us. Then we had a lesson with Betty, lunch, & volunteered at the library.
 
After that we picked Kellie S (who just got off her mission) up to take to a lesson. Though the lesson with Carol fell through, we decided to try a couple former investigators & saw miracles! 2 formers let us in & we had great conversations with them.  No lesson, though. Then we dropped her off & went to visit a less active couple, the Ns. They let us in right away & even offered to feed us dinner. We were there for awhile because they LOVE to talk. But that was another huge miracle!

Thursday was pretty uneventful.

Friday we had another lesson with Monica & brought Kellie again. This time no dog injuries interrupted. I had a dentist appointment where they did a filling. On the way home we saw storms over Phelan & could barely contain our excitement to get in it! As we got to Phelan, the roads were flooding & we even came to a crossroad & couldn't go through it because it was like a rapid going across the street, so we had to turn around. We ended up having dinner at Red Mango again with a young cute family, the Rs. Then we had ward coordination.
Double rainbow after the storm!
Saturday I already explained what happened. We also had a couple less active lessons. 

Sunday we both had to bear our testimonies in sacrament meeting, not sure why I did since I'm not leaving, but I'm glad to have had the opportunity anyway. The rest of the day was filled with visiting people Sis 'O wanted to say bye to. We had dinner with the good 'ol Dyerly family. Next summer when we are driving through my mission we'll have dinner at the Dyerly's :)

Today we had to go to transfer meeting in Rancho so Sister 'Otuafi could get the information for her new area since she's whitewashing. It was great seeing a bunch of friends from the MTC & my previous zone. Afterwards there was a meeting for new trainers that I thought was only supposed to last 1hr but ended up being 2hrs. That's why we are emailing so late. Sis. O & I are staying in Ontario tonight, & tomorrow afternoon will go back up to Rancho for lunch & to get our new missionaries.

I really need a pick-me-up. I'm feeling super stressed. Well, I guess I'll have to manage. I got my package today! I haven't opened it yet, but I'll let you know what I think next week. Thanks again. 
I have another dentist appt July 2nd so they can give me a new bruxim plate because the one I have now is too loose. & Idk if they'll need to do more work. My teeth are doing a lot better, but I still have issues.

Well, that's about it. I guess you'll hear from me next week! have a good one. I figured out the mass email isn't a good idea anyway, because no one really responds...  :(

love you bunches.
xoxo Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment