Thursday, April 28, 2016

Become (April 25 email)

Another week has gone by & here I am trying to think of what to write. Today's one of those 'procrastinate writing an email & do anything else you can think of BUT that' days. I don't know why, it just is.

This week was a very good week. The highlight was Crystal got baptized! 
 
 
It was a very happy day for all of us! It was full of the Spirit. Sister Bergstrom & I had the opportunity to sing Joseph Smith's First Prayer. Sunday she got confirmed a member of the church & received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. What an incredible experience! A lot of this week was preparing for her baptism. We had a lesson with her every day prior to Saturday.
 
Went on a couple exchanges Wednesday & Thursday. We had a great lesson with Genie & Murry this week. Sister Bergstrom & I decided we needed to push back their baptismal date a couple weeks so we could have time to finish teaching them the lessons. I was kinda worried about how Murry would take it, but by the grace of God he took it very well! No worries there. They will be baptized on May 14th :)
 
They are starting to read the Book of Mormon together too! We taught them the commandments of scripture study, obedience, keeping the Sabbath day holy, & prayer. Genie said "it will be a lot of change", but that she would keep those commandments. They unfortunately weren't able to come to church this week because Murry forgot to take his meds the night before.
 
Well, that's about all the info I have from this week, but I have a cool quote from doing "My Plan" this week. (what "my plan" is: "This program is to assist you as you prepare to return home. The program is designed to help you set goals and make plans so you can continue to grow and progress spiritually following your missionary service.")
 
"In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks 
 
I've liked that word for awhile now; become. The gospel of Jesus Christ is how we progress in this life & in eternity. This life is meant for us to grow. Sister Bergstrom & I have been working on a Christlike attribute each week for a few weeks now. Today we started working on patience. Yes. It's pretty scary to pray for patience sometimes, but we shouldn't be scared to progress & become who our Heavenly Father wants us to become. That's what this life is about. I'm looking forward to seeing what praying for patience can do for me this week. I'll let you know what Heavenly Father throws my way to test me! Wish me luck!

xoxo Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment