Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Love--The Essence of The Gospel (April 18 email)

I don't have too much to write about this week, so I'll sum it all up pretty quick.
We got a couple new investigators in YSA from the Maple Sisters, but one has already dropped us because her parents are anti & she doesn't want to go against them. She was super solid though. One day, one day.
 
We had a couple lessons with Jane & Crystal. Crystal is excited for her baptism! She went to West Virginia this weekend to visit some friends. They had this trip planned for a long time. We expressed to her the importance of going to church & she ended up going to church there with her friends!
 
I got to go on exchanges with Sister Pinto! She's the cutest, sweetest Navajo ever! (she's 100% Navajo Native American) 'twas a good day.
 
 

So I say I don't have much to write about this week because on Thursday Sister Bergstrom had oral surgery done. She was in a lot of pain most all weekend, so we stayed inside & let her rest all Thursday until institute, all Friday, & all Saturday except for the lesson we had with Genie & Murry & Jane. Sister Bergstrom was a trooper through it all, but I'm still kinda sad she wasn't loopy after surgery. :/

Now on to the subject line of my email:
This week in the Mojave Narrows ward we had ward conference. In preparation for ward council, the stake presidency wanted each ward to come up with a topic that they would like to be "trained" on in ward council by the stake presidency. Our ward council chose charity & love. President Gibbons, who just so happens to be the institute teacher & counselor in the stake presidency & also one of my favorite teachers ever, gave the training. He used President Monson's talk from April 2014 General Conference titled "Love--the Essence of the Gospel" & that talk has changed my life. I'm not meaning to sound really dramatic when I say that, haha. But really, I've been thinking about charity & love a lot these past few weeks because that is something that I've come to gain more of on my mission, but I know I could use more, especially in transitioning into home life after my mission. 
I've also been thinking about charity & how loving our ward is to Murry. Lots of people have noticed & commented about him to us & saying how great it is to see him & how delightful he is. It's been amazing to see how loving & caring they are to him. I've learned a lot about charity & how important it is. 
 
 
Read this talk, ponder it, & pray about things you can improve on. I know as we were discussing it, the Spirit has prompted me how I can improve in so many areas.  Love is the answer to most problems in the world. 
 
xoxo Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment