Friday, November 6, 2015

Fill the Measure of Your Creation (11-2 Email)

HAPPY NOVEMBER! 

I'm SO happy it's November because that means we just had Halloween, Thanksgiving is close & Christmastime is almost here & talk on the street is that there may be some snow coming my way. YAYYYY! 
(and yes, for all those counting, I hit my 1yr mark this week...) 

This week I read through a couple Priesthood blessings Brother Holland gave me while I was in Chino Hills & I came across one that said "continue seeking counsel to fill the measure of your creation". This phrase reminded me of a talk given at this past women's broadcast by Rosemary M. Wixom: "'God sent you here to prepare for a future greater than anything you can imagine.' That future, a day at a time, comes alive when you do more than just exist; it comes alive when you live your life to fill the measure of your creation. This invites the Lord into your life, and you begin to let His will become yours."  

I absolutely LOVE it. "Fill the measure of your creation".  Think about it: we are all created to be something so much greater than we even know. We were created by a loving Heavenly Father to do something in this life. We all have great potential; but what is my potential? What can I bring to the table? What good can I do? These are questions many of us ask ourselves often. At least I know I do. 

I wanted to know how I could fill the measure of my creation, so I took that question to the Book of Mormon. I was reading in Alma 36, & this is where Alma is recounting the story of his previous life of destruction & subsequently his visit by an angel that changed the course of his life & the church forever. In verse 14 he says, "Yea, and I had murdered many of his children, or rather led them away unto destruction; yea, and in fine so great had been my iniquities, that the very thought of coming into the presence of my God did rack my soul with inexpressible horror." & in this verse I found my answer. To fill the measure of MY creation I must be an example of light & truth; be a light on a hill for all to see for their guidance. 

I know that each of us have a divine potential. We are here on earth for a specific reason. It's our job to find that reason. As Sister Wixom says "let His will become yours". As we try to align our will with God's, we will know WHY we're here. We will come to feel a sense of direction & purpose in life. Everyone wants to feel like they are contributing to society--to feel useful in some way. As I continue seeking out ways to do better & be better, I encourage you all to do the same. You can be a great source of strength & light to others as you learn to fill the measure of your creation.

On a more personal note:
The theme of this week was FINDING. We've been doing a lot of tracting 'n stuff. It's good. Sister Anderson is getting more comfy with talking to people on their doors!!! Yay! One night at 8pm she had the prompting to visit a particular house that we've passed by SO many times & she's just in love with the house. Anyway, we met Steve & talked with him on his porch for literally 40 minutes hahaha. He isn't SUPER interested, but I was able to testify about the plan of salvation & it was cool because I could see the spirit working with him subtly. We left him with a POS pamphlet & will go back later to check on him.

Saturday--HALLOWEEN. We met a couple cool people in the early afternoon, then went to the library to help out with an activity they were having until our chili/cornbread dinner & trunk or treat at the ward! It was pretty nice, then we were home by 6 and we just sat around watching The Testaments, Labor of Love, & Legacy. haha

The Castle Family

That was pretty much my week in a nutshell. It was good :)

Have a wonderful week!
xoxo Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment