Sunday, August 2, 2015

Another week in the life (July 27 email)

MOMMYYYY! :)

Thanks for always writing to me, it means a lot. Even when you don't think you have much to say I love hearing it all. Except the fact the the Tigers are stinkin' it up....the Angels are doing well I hear! They might become my new favorite team ;) haha kidding.

Well, this week's letter won't NEARLY be as great as last weeks, or as long. Due to the fact that it was a slower week AND I forgot my brain (planner) at home.

We were only able to meet with one of our investigators this week, Austin. None of our investigators came to church :( Overall, the work this week was super slow, but of course we found joy in the little things because we're MISSIONARIES. Servants of Jesus Christ. How can we NOT be happy while doing HIS work?!

Speaking of being happy, that's what life is all about. "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." I've been really blessed on my mission to truly feel this joy & happiness. Of course, not every single moment is joyful. There's those moments when you feel lower than you've ever felt such as when investigators drop you, baptisms get cancelled, you feel like you're doing all you can, working hard & being obedient & the work does not seem to be picking up. Situations like these cause all missionaries to feel sorrow. A mission is truly like a roller coaster of emotions. I've felt my highest high & my lowest low out here. It's true when they say a mission prepares you for the rest of your life. It's true in many aspects. I believe one of the greatest ways is preparing you for opposition.

There are so many people in the world who do not understand why God allows evil to exist. They have a valid point to some degree: Why would a loving Heavenly Father allow His children to suffer? It's so hard for people who are not in the gospel to understand this aspect of life. They don't see the eternal perspective like we do. For me, an eternal perspective is one of the greatest blessings of the gospel. We know that we lived with our Heavenly Father before we were born on the earth. We knew His plan; that we would be sent to earth to go through challenges & really hard things. We would all struggle with things, but these struggles would shape us into who Heavenly Father wants us to be, to fulfill the divine potential each one of His children has. We know that this life is only a millisecond in the grand scheme of eternity. Eternity is what we're reaching for. Living with my family in the presence of Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ, receiving a FULLNESS of joy is such a beautiful promise to those who faithfully live the gospel & faithfully use the Atonement. I love this gospel. I love that it's not for the perfect, but for the imperfect trying to become more like Jesus Christ. It's about change. I know that we need to go through hard things in life to understand and appreciate the blessings we have; we need to taste the bitter to know the sweet.

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate every word, letter, email I hear from every one of you. Thank you for the love & support you show to me.  I want to challenge everyone to become more missionary minded. The missionaries serving in your area need your help. They need your prayers and support. Talk with everyone you can about the gospel, be an example of the Savior. "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15)

Love you & hope you have a great week!
Sister Viraldo
xxxoooo......

No comments:

Post a Comment