Monday, October 5, 2015

9-28-15 Email

Bunnnny!
This week I was reminded just how important the Holy Ghost is in missionary work. Every little aspect. The incident that reminded me of that happened yesterday...
 
We were planning on going to the Y's home to visit. Brother Y has cancer & cannot make it to church very often. I knew about this visit & was thinking of what to share with them. In Relief Society a scripture was read & I thought it would be a good one to share with them. That night as we pulled up to the Y's, I remembered that scripture & told Sister Anderson that I thought we should share it. The scripture is D&C 84:88:
 
And whoso receiveth you, therwill be also, for will gbefore  your face. will be on your right hand and on your left, anmy Spirit shall be in your heartsand mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
 
We got talking with the Ys & they are just the SWEETEST people & you can feel the Spirit so strongly in their home. While talking with them I got the impression that we should each share our favorite scripture instead of just us sharing D&C 84:88. When it got time to share the message, they asked what we're going to share & I said "We had a message planned, but I feel like we should all share our favorite scriptures with each other & talk about them." 
When it got to Brother Y's turn to share, he was talking about how this scripture came into his mind while he was in the hospital going through 45 treatments of chemo. He turned to the scripture & read it. The scripture he read was none other than D&C 84:88...the exact scripture I had the prompting to share but then had the different prompting NOT to share. 
 
To me that was a confirmation that I was being led by the Spirit. Think about it: it wouldn't have been as meaningful if we would've gone with the original plan. Brother Y might say, "oh, that's my favorite scripture." But we wouldn't have been able to know the magnitude of the story. It was so apparent that our conversation was led by the Spirit. Everything we do in our lives can & ought to be directed by the Holy Ghost. We have to right to His constant companionship. If we don't recognize & appreciate that, then we don't understand the precious gift that we've been given. The Spirit is essential in effective missionary work & I know it's just as important to be used in our every day lives. Strive to always live worthy of the Spirit & recognize his subtle promptings & act on them. I promise your life will be richly blessed as you do. 

One of the highlights of this week was on Friday & Saturday evening. First, Friday...
Phelan Phamily Phun Night! Brother Chaffee organized a pizza/game night for the tri-communities aka Wrightwood, Phelan, & Oakhills. All 3 wards were invited. We were able to help Brother Chaffee set up beforehand. A & K, our investigators, came & seemed to enjoy themselves. Other than that pretty much everyone else was from the Phelan ward. So I got to see all my people!!! It was SO fun to see them again. It's nice to be missed :) It was funny because even A made the comment, "man, everyone loves you!" hahaha. It's only been a few weeks since I'd seen them, but the reunion was still so sweet. 
 
Saturday evening was the Women's broadcast! We had a taco salad bar at church beforehand then watched it in the chapel. My favorite talk given would probably be by Sister Reeves. She talked about looking at our life with an eternal perspective. Life is hard at times, but when we make it to the other side & see the amazing blessings we'll receive, we will ask Heavenly Father: "Was that ALL that was required?" I LOVE that! I know that it's true. Challenges in life seem never ending sometimes, but this life is only temporary. It's a testing place where we need to prove ourselves worthy to receive eternal life with Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. The end will be so much greater than anything we can imagine right now. The trials we face on earth are preparing us to receive eternal JOY!

I am SO looking forward to this weekend....GENERAL CONFERENCE, aka a missionary's favorite weekend of the year! I challenge you all to watch general conference with questions written down. I know that if you have specific questions & listen to the speakers by the Spirit, you will receive personal revelation. How much greater can it get than to have the opportunity to listen to the Lord's prophets & apostles who are on the earth today talking about real matters in the world! There has been sooo much crazy stuff happening in the world lately, so this conference is going to be one for the books. ;)

We've been getting good reviews from members ;). Sister Peacock told us that people are telling her how well we are doing. It's so cool to hear things like that. 
 
I want you to know that I am doing well. I am being taken care of, there's nothing to worry about! & if you were wondering, there are only 88 more days until Christmas!!!! I LOVE Christmastime. 

Thanks for all your love & support! I pray for you everyday. 
xoxo Sister Viraldo


No comments:

Post a Comment