Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sorry it's short!! (10-13 Email)

This email is gonna be quite short because DUTY CALLS.

This week was really great! Nothing too too exciting happened, but great nonetheless!

We've been working closely with A&K for the past few weeks & it's been amazing to see the progress they're making. On Thursday we had a lesson about keeping the Sabbath day holy & afterwards asked A if we'd see her at church & she said "I don't know, we have a lot to do around the house." Hahaha, did we not just have a lesson about going to church & avoiding work on Sundays? So we told them we would come help them. Whatever it takes to get them at church! We were able to go over to their house & help with yard work & house work that needed to be done.

We're also working with L & he's so awesome! We had dinner/lesson with him & his mom yesterday & he said "When I'm a missionary..." :)
His dad should be coming to church this week! 

I'm sorry that's about all I have for my week. Next week's email will be better, I promise.

My thought for this email is about service. For my first time in Wrightwood, we were able to do quite a bit of service this week! Before my mission I didn't understand or appreciate the joy that comes from serving others.The size of service that we do is irrelevant: opening the door for someone, picking up something they dropped, raking the ENORMOUS amount of pine needles that are in one's yard, & even a smile can brighten someone's day. There is a sense of happiness that enters our lives when we forget ourselves & serve people out of the kindness of our heart, expecting nothing in return. I'd encourage one & all to get out this week & do service for someone. I promise that a greater sense of LOVE & JOY will enter your life because of it. After all, "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." Let us get out & serve God this week by serving our fellowmen. 

xoxo Sister Viraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment