Thursday, October 22, 2015

Happy fall! (10-19 Email)

The beauty in Wrightwood is UNREAL. Autumn is my favorite time of year. The leaves are changing, the wind is blowing, the fireplaces are blazing, and the sweaters I'm wearing. & I get to stay here at least 6 more weeks with my 2nd born, Sister Anderson! YAY!
Things are still going just dandy here in this little mountain town. A&K are prepping & excited for their baptism this Saturday! It's been so fun seeing their progress. & it's not something only we see, but members of the ward have seen it too.  One huge miracle that we've seen is in their ability to read. When we first started teaching them they couldn't read but a couple words at a time. They started reading the Book of Mormon on their own & we've been reading it with them & BOY have their reading abilities improved 10 fold! It's amazing to see the power of the Book of Mormon, not only in spiritual matters, but other ways as well.

We had exchanges this week! I always love exchanges. A little break in the routine is always nice & I learn SO much from the sisters I'm with. This week I had the opportunity to be on exchanges with Sister Wood in Wrightwood! :) She was stunned by the beauty Wrightwood has to offer, so yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say that. ESPECIALLY when you're living in the rest of the high desert for so long & you get to come up to Wrightwood...it's like a mini vacation. Here are some things I learned from Sister Wood:
 
1. Asking soul searching questions: asking inspired questions is something I've been working on for awhile, but the kind of questions that really make a person examine themselves & look deep within is something I want to work on. When you have the ability to ask a question that makes a person really think it brings their true feelings & thoughts to surface & there's ALWAYS a gospel principle to teach.
2. LOVE: Sister Wood showed so much love to everyone she talked to. It was the very first time meeting these people & she made them feel the love the Savior has for them. love softens hearts.
3. Missionary work rocks. Okay I already knew that, but it was just reiterated a few more times!

We had a really cool experience while on exchanges. Walking down the street sister Wood asked "any houses you want to try?" With none in mind, I looked around & said "that one!" We knocked on the door & a lady opened who'd just been crying. We were able to make her laugh & brighten her day. We got to talk to her for a good 15 minutes about God & Jesus Christ. She never grew up with that foundation, but lets her 4yo daughter go to church. We were able to testify of God's love for her & the plan He has. It was amazing to see her countenance change as we stood there & showed her love & concern that we had & the Savior had for her.

I love the Savior & the love He has for me. Love makes the world go 'round. I can testify to the unending love Jesus Christ has for everyone. I know that if we show love to others not only will they feel better, but we will too. Love is key. We are told so many times in the scriptures "without charity ye are nothing". Charity is not money or material items, it is love. Show love to everyone! I promise that by doing so you will feel your Savior's love & your days will be better.

I love you all & thank you for taking time out of your day to read my letters & I hope something I say will help you change for the better. We all have room for change :) I don't know if you can tell, but I'd say I've changed a lot on my mission...I'm still me, just better (hopefully).

xoxo Sister Viraldo
Beautiful sunrise in Wrightwood.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment